So you’ve met the woman of your dreams, you’ve proposed and presented her with the most beautiful engagement. You’ve planned the perfect wedding and you can’t wait for the big day.
When that big day comes, you both will slip wedding rings on your fingers as a symbol of your everlasting love. They’ll be something you’ll cherish forever and will serve as a constant remind of the love you two have for one another.
But before that time comes, you need to pick out the perfect wedding rings or wedding bands and sometimes that’s not as easy as it sounds. It’s estimated that half of Americans are married, which means there are a lot of wedding rings and a lot of styles to choose from.
If you’re looking for the perfect wedding rings for the big day, here are some helpful tips to find the perfect ones to symbolize your love:
- Narrow down some choices: One of the great things about wedding rings is that there are so many to choose from. But that can also be a bad thing in that it’s hard to decide. There are all kinds of metals and styles and stones to choose from that it can be overwhelming. To make things easier, narrow down some choices. How do you do it? You ask yourself how stylish you’d like your wedding ring to be, what material you might like and what style you think looks good on your finger.
- Don’t wait: It’s true there are plenty of different wedding ring styles available and it can be fun to try out different styles and sizes. But the key thing to remember is not to wait too late. When you order your rings, you want to make sure you leave enough time to get them before your wedding day arrives.
- Budget: As you and your future bride shop for rings, keep a budget in mind. This is especially important because without a budget, costs can skyrocket faster than you think. About 3% of the total wedding budget is spent on rings and it’s best to narrow choices, so that way you’ll know about what you’ll expect to pay.
- Mix it up: Wedding rings symbolize the love a couple has for one another, but nothing says a couple’s rings have to match. Maybe you and your future bride have different tastes in metals or styles. Ultimately, you want to each have a memorable wedding ring that you’ll be happy to wear.
- Think about lifestyle: Bottom line: when you have a wedding ring slipped on your finger, you’re going to be wearing it every single day. With that in mind, it may be best to consider getting a ring that fits your lifestyle (think job). If you’re in construction for example, you might want a ring with a durable metal like platinum or titanium. Athletes might favor something different like rounded bands that don’t slip off or bands with well-secured stones.
- Buy rings together: If you and your future bride are looking for something truly unique—stones, engravings, interlocking bands, etc—you may want to consider buying your rings together. Why? If you’re getting special engravings or interlocking bands, they’re going to take time to make and by ordering them together you can ensure they’re going to be done at the same time so you won’t have any hangups when the big day comes.
- Don’t be afraid to be different: While it is important to keep a budget in mind and narrow down your ring choices, don’t be afraid to have fun while ring shopping. If you’re unsure of where to start, talk to some jewelers about different options and ask them to try some rings on. They’re got plenty of experience, so they’ll be able to answer any questions you have and can help you finalize your perfect wedding ring.
There’s no doubt that shopping for wedding rings can be exciting. To erase all traces of stress, make sure to stick to a budget, do some research and narrow your choices until you find the perfect ring.